By Susan P. Joyce
No "stealth" advertising or SEO keyword links on Job-Hunt.org. Don't bother asking. The answer is, "No." Always!
Job-Hunt sponsors are a select group:
Yes, we do actually turn down many more sponsors than we accept, by about 10 to 1. We want sponsors who would qualify, in terms of quality and service, as those select sites that are listed in Job-Hunt. We do not want scams or sites which do not seem to respect job seeker privacy.
We also reject advertisers who's products or services do not related to job search or recruiting.
Job-Hunt sponsors must offer a high-quality service to job seekers, primarily, or to employers looking for applicants, for those services targeting employers.
Resume distribution services and work-from-home/multilevel marketing opportunities are not accepted.
Job-Hunt.Org is not your average Web site:
- Popular-- Job-Hunt.org is visited by an average of 10,000 to 15,000 job seekers and recruiters on a typical weekday!
- Widely Respected by many internationally-recognized sources, including (in reverse chronological order):
- 2013 Forbes Top 100 Websites for Your Career
- Reader's Digest recommended Job-Hunt.org in their April 2009 Your Next Job issue.
- About.com selected Job-Hunt.org as a Favorite Job Site of 2008.
- US News & World Report selected Job-Hunt as one of 18 "Top Sites for Finding Work" in their March 20, 2006 issue.
Magazine selected Job-Hunt.org as one of the "Best of the Internet" in their 2004 book with the same title.
- TIME Magazine highlighted Job-Hunt in it's Nov. 24, 2003, "Where the New Jobs Are" issue.
- In 2002, Forbes magazine selected Job-Hunt.org as a "Best of the Web for Job Hunting."
- Job-Hunt and/or Susan Joyce, Job-Hunt's editor, have also been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, Investor's Business Daily, FORTUNE, TIME, CNN/Money, BusinessWeekOnline, Resumes for Dummies, Guide to Internet Job Searching, What Color Is Your Parachute, and numerous other books, magazines, newspapers, and Websites.
- Job-Hunt has received countless other awards. It also has accumulated hundreds of thousands of inbound links - votes of confidence by thousands of other Webmasters.
- Highly Targeted -- Visitors come to Job-Hunt when they are looking for a job or when they have a new job to post. Visitors go to the pages which are closest to their interests, whether a specific industry or profession (like Computers and Technology) or in a specific geography (like California). So, you don't have to try to figure out what keywords might be used for searching. Just pick the page which meets your needs.
- Highly Effective -- Job-Hunt sponsors enjoy click-through-rates of up to 4%! You will never see more than 8 sponsors on a Job-Hunt page, so your message has an excellent opportunity to get visitor attention.
Types of Sponsor opportunities:
- Employer links -
Legitimate employers usually qualify for one free listing in Job-Hunt, usually on the page of the state where the employer's headquarters is located. For links 2 through 51 (the other state pages available), there is an annual fee. Please contact us for the current rates.
- Text links -
Job-Hunt offers the opportunity for Google AdWords format ads in the sponsor column of most of Job-Hunt's 1,200+ pages of content. We limit the number of ads per page. Please contact us for the latest advertising rates.
If you would like to reach this segmented audience of job seekers and have a high quality site that offers real value to job seekers and/or recruiters, please contact us at Sponsorship [at] job-hunt.org.
About the author...
Online job search expert Susan P. Joyce has been observing the online job search world and teaching online job search skills since 1995. A veteran of the United States Marine Corps and a recent Visiting Scholar at the MIT Sloan School of Management, Susan is a two-time layoff “graduate” who has worked in human resources at Harvard University and in a compensation consulting firm. Since 1998, Susan has been editor and publisher of Job-Hunt.org. Follow Susan on Twitter at @jobhuntorg and on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.