Susan P. Joyce - Online Job Search Expert
After being laid off in 1994, Susan P. Joyce began studying, writing, teaching, and speaking about the field of online job search with a focus on smart and effective job search techniques, building on her experience in military intelligence, Human Resources, and information technology.
Both of Susan's websites, Job-Hunt.org (don't forget that hyphen) and WorkCoachCafe.com, were selected for the Forbes 2013 Top 100 Websites for Your Career!
Since 1998, Susan has been Job-Hunt's chief writer and editor (a partial list of articles written by Susan P. Joyce), publisher, and Webmaster. Job-Hunt is one of the top employment portals on the Web, selected in 2006 by US News & World Report as one of the top sites for finding work and described by Reader's Digest as "vacuum-packed with solid advice."
Since 2011, Susan has also been chief blogger and editor of WorkCoachCafe.com, another website devoted to helping job seekers find employment.
Susan has been quoted in hundreds of articles, books, and Websites including TIME, FORTUNE, Business Week, The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, and many others.
If you would like to contact Susan for your publication or program, call NETability offices at (508) 624-6261. More contact information is available on Job-Hunt's Contact page.
Counting her Honorable Discharge from the United States Marine Corps, Susan is a two-time layoff "graduate." She was also one of thousands of people laid off in 1994 by Fortune 50 company, Digital Equipment Corporation, which has since disappeared. These two experiences are the impetus behind Job-Hunt.org.
Based on her pre-Digital experience working in Harvard University's Personnel Office and in a Boston salary survey consulting company as well as her numerous industry contacts, Susan has written and spoken extensively on the subject of online job search and was a pioneer in this relatively new field. Susan also teaches employers and recruiters how to recruit employees online.
Susan has received substantial recognition recently for her activities on Twitter including:
- 20 Twitter Resources for Job Hunters - 2013 list from Mashable.
- 15 Career Pros Boomers Should Follow on Twitter - 2013 list from nextavenue.org
- The Top 100 Most Social Human Resources Experts on Twitter - 2013 list from the Huffington Post
- Whom to Follow on Twitter for Job Search in 2013 - list from AOL.
- 99 People to Follow on Twitter 2013 - list from CareerSherpa.net
- 14 Career Experts to Follow on Twitter - 2012 list from Mashable.
- 15 Career Experts Not to Miss on Twitter - 2012 list on the Daily Muse
In addition, many other Websites have quoted or featured Job-Hunt and/or Susan P. Joyce, including:
- FORTUNE/CNN Money, Ask Annie - Why the Holidays Are the Best Time to Find a New Job
- FORTUNE/CNN Money, Ask Annie - Does Your Boss Know You're Job Hunting?
- TIME and time.com - Fake Jobs: Work-Search Scams on the Rise in Recession
- FORTUNE/CNN Money, Ask Annie - Leave now or risk getting laid off
- Newsweek - Job Woes, Health Blues?
- Boston Globe Profile
- FORTUNE/CNN Money, Ask Annie - Job offer or identity-theft scam
- TIME and time.com - The New Rules of Web Hiring
- Richard (What Color Is Your Parachute?) Bolles - Job-Hunt.org: # 1 in the Best Gateway Sites
- US News & World Report: Best Comprehensive Sites for Finding Work
- JibberJobber Blog - Job-Hunt.org: A Website You Can Trust
- Link-Up Digital - Job-Hunt.org: One-Stop Job Hunting on the Web
- SearchEngineWatch - Job-Hunt.org: An Old-Fashioned Success Story
Susan has written or edited the following books:
- How to Find a Job Using Craigslist - written by Susan P. Joyce (2012)
"Quite possibly the first authentic, fact-checked guidebook to explain the nitty-gritty of how Craigslist can work for job seekers. Susan P. Joyce walks you through the weeds to employment rewards."
-- Joyce Lain Kennedy, widely syndicated careers columnist and author of numerous books including Job Interviews for Dummies, Resumes for Dummies, and Cover Letters for Dummies
- New Year, New Job! 101 Top Tips from Job-Hunt Experts for Your Holiday Job Search - collected and edited by Susan P. Joyce and Meg Guiseppi (2012)
In this short – but packed – ebook, Richard N. Bolles (author of What Color Is Your Parachute?) plus 26 of the job search and career experts who write columns for jobs portal Job-Hunt.org have contributed their tips for helping job seekers successfully continue their job search during the year-end holidays, from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day in the USA.
For more about Susan:
- Susan's Job-Hunt articles
- Susan's WorkCoachCafe.com articles
- Susan's LinkedIn Profile
- Susan's Google+ Profile
- Job-Hunt Help LinkedIn Group
- JobHuntOrg Twitter Account
- JobHuntOrg Facebook Account
Follow Susan on Twitter @JobHuntOrg.
Job-Hunt's articles and the 18,000+ links to employers and career resources have been personally collected or reviewed by Susan before they were included in Job-Hunt.
Meet more Job-Hunt.org Job Search and Career Experts.