About Job-Hunt.org -- Helping Job Seekers since 1995
Job-Hunt is dedicated to the millions of people who have had their personal lives disrupted by the loss of a job.
During the Digital Equipment Corporation ("DEC") layoffs of the early and mid-1990's, over 80,000 people lost their jobs world-wide. Thousands who were "right-sized" out of a job found a very tough job market. In New Hampshire and Massachusetts (near DEC's headquarters), they faced many employers who would not consider hiring them because of their DEC experience. The result in several instances was personal tragedy: homes were lost, marriages broke-up, and at least three people are known to have committed suicide with one murder-suicide combination adding an additional victim to the total tragedy.
We hope that Job-Hunt can help open doors and provide assistance and hope to job seekers so that they won't experience the most tragic aspects of the DEC layoffs.
A job loss can be a new beginning as well as an ending.
A career is a process, not a destination! Don't give up!
(See Job-Hunt's Mission in The Original "Stanford Job Site" page.)
The purpose of the Job-Hunt.Org Web site is to provide the most comprehensive listing of employer recruiting page links, the best Internet-accessible legitimate job-search resources and services on the Web, and the best and most up-to-date advice from genuine job search and career experts. From the beginning in 1998, the focus is on avoiding scams and protecting job seeker privacy.
Since 1998, Job-Hunt.org has been edited by online job search expert Susan P. Joyce, who is the primary writer and link chooser for Job-Hunt.
Job-Hunt Does NOT:
- Collect resumes. Don't send us your resume. It will be deleted unread.
- Collect personal information from visitors. We do not want, nor do we collect, your name, your address, your cell phone number, your credit card number, or any other personal information about you.
- Have job postings. If you want to search through job postings, visit any of the 18,000+ sites listed in Job-Hunt and also check out the jobs posted on our excellent sponsors' sites like CareerCast (in the column on the right of every page). In addition, through Job-Hunt, connect with millions of job seekers on the vast Indeed.com network.
- Participate in link exchanges or provide reciprocal links. We do not participate in link exchanges. Selecting and organizing high-quality links is the reason for Job-Hunt's existence, so we do not link to a site that links to us for the purpose of getting a link back. We appreciate in-bound links! However, we link only to sites we feel offer value to our visitors and that fit appropriately in Job-Hunt. For information on how a site qualifies for a Job-Hunt listing, see the Guidelines for Inclusion.
- Send out e-mail with job offers or offers to sell products or services. We don't send out e-mail with job offers or anything to sell you. If you receive such mail, that appears to be from Job-Hunt, you are receiving mail sent by another party fraudulently pretending to be Job-Hunt.
Job-Hunt Awards and Recognition
Among the many awards, recognition, and quotes about Job-Hunt over the years:
- Forbes Best of the Web - Forbes 2013 Top 100 Websites for Your Career
- FORTUNE/CNN Money, Ask Annie - Why the Holidays Are the Best Time to Find a New Job
- FORTUNE/CNN Money, Ask Annie - Does Your Boss Know You're Job Hunting?
- Jobs.AOL - Hot Job Site: Job-Hunt.org
- Reader's Digest and RD.com - Your Next Job
- TIME and time.com - Fake Jobs: Work-Search Scams on the Rise in Recession
- FORTUNE/CNN Money, Ask Annie - Leave now or risk getting laid off
- Newsweek - Job Woes, Health Blues?
- FORTUNE/CNN Money, Ask Annie - Job offer or identity-theft scam
- TIME and time.com - The New Rules of Web Hiring
- Richard (What Color Is Your Parachute?) Bolles - Job-Hunt.org: # 1 in the Best Gateway Sites
- US News & World Report: Best Comprehensive Sites for Finding Work
- Forbes.com - Best of the Web for Job Hunting: Job-Hunt.org
- JibberJobber Blog - Job-Hunt.org: A Website You Can Trust
- Link-Up Digital - Job-Hunt.org: One-Stop Job Hunting on the Web
- SearchEngineWatch - Job-Hunt.org: An Old-Fashioned Success Story
- Quintessential Careers Site Award: Job-Hunt.org
- PC Magazine Best of the Internet for Careers
- Since 2006, U.S. News & World Report Top Site for Finding Work
- Media Contact Information
- Writing for Job-Hunt.org
- Guidelines for Inclusion
- Job-Hunt Owner NETability, Inc.
- Online Job Search Expert Susan P. Joyce
- No Link Exchanges
- Contact Information
If you know of a job-related resource that is not on this list but you feel should be, please send the information to email@example.com .
If you have any other feedback for us, also please send it to this address - firstname.lastname@example.org.