Sample Resume: Education Highlighted in a Resume
By Susan Ireland
Because his education is an important aspect of his appeal as a consultant, this sample resume for Frank Ford (not his real name) highlights a strong employment history as a Senior Management Consultant.
Sample Resume with Education Highlighted (a new window or tab will open for all sample resume links).
About this sample resume:
In this one-page resume, Frank pulls out all the stops:
- Instead of writing a lengthy job objective statement, Frank simply used his professional title as an introduction just under his resume heading. This confident approach earns an employer's respect from the get-go.
- By placing his Education section right at the top, Frank makes it impossible for an employer to miss his MBA degree – a key qualifier for his career objective.
- The bullet statements in the Highlights section are powerful, relevant, and concise, making it easy to grasp the benefits Frank offers his next employer
- The heading "Selected Achievements" indicates the following statements are just the tip of the iceberg -- there's more to be discussed in an interview./li>
- All statements under each job title are about achievements – not one boring job description!
This resume could have run on for two or three pages, but Frank wisely kept it mean and lean. His resume presentation gives the sense that on the job his professional style is direct and effective.
About the author...
Susan Ireland is the author of four job search books including The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Perfect Resume. For more information about writing your resume, read Susan's books or visit Susan's website SusanIreland.com.