Miriam Salpeter: Social Media & Job Search Contributor
Miriam Salpeter is a Career Action Coach and Owner of Keppie Careers. In addition to being Job-Hunt's Social Media and Job Search Expert, Miriam also provides advice on the nationally known Examiner.com site, where she is the National Career Coach Examiner.
More on Social Media and Job Search:
- Social Media and Job Search Home
- How to Get Started with Social Media
- How to Engage Hiring Managers with Social Media
- Developing a Better "Hook" to Land a "Fish/Job"
- Every Generation Struggles with Social Media
- Repairing Your Online Reputation Using Social Media
- Social Media No-No's
- 4 Important Social Media Misunderstandings
- Facebook to Usurp LinkedIn for Job Search Networking
- Blogging for Job Search: 4 Platforms to Consider
- 10 Sources of Social Media News
- Google+ for Job Search
- Social Media Language Usage
- Infographic Resumes
- Top 6 Employer Magnets
- Activate and Manage Your Avatars
- Social Media Connecting Power
- The Invisible Web Is Not So Invisible
- Monitoring Your Online Presence
- Social Media Is Like Online Dating
- 5 Ways Social Media Keeps Skills Up to Date
- Social Recruiting
- LinkedIn vs. Facebook vs. Twitter vs. (Fill-in-the-Blank)
- Social Networked Out?
More About LinkedIn:
- LinkedIn for Job Search Home - many more articles
More About Twitter:
- Twitter Toolbox
- Twitter as a Job Board
- Using Twitter Lists
- Top 10 Twitter Job Search Lists
- 101 Best Twitter Career & Job Search Resources
- 8 Twitter SEO Tips for Job Seekers
- Top 50 Employers Recruiting on Twitter
- Top 50 College & University Career Center Twitter Accounts
More About Facebook:
- Facebook & Your Job Search
- 5-Step Facebook Makeover for Your Job Search
- New Facebook Profile Changes
- BranchOut, Professional Networking on Facebook
Social Media Experts:
Before founding Keppie Careers, Miriam was a Vice President for a Wall Street firm and then earned a Master’s degree from Columbia University, where she trained in career advising and counseling.
After receiving her Master's degree, Miriam headed the Career Action Center at the Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University. At Emory, she advised an array of clients, from new professionals through experienced job seekers, and honed key skills by working with a very diverse clientele, including international students.
Miriam is actively involved in the online community. She regularly shares insights via a variety of social media outlets about important and timely strategies for job seekers and small business owners.
Using Twitter for the job hunt is a favorite topic, and she is listed in a variety of Twitter lists for job seekers including Job-Hunt's "101 Top Twitter Job Search and Career Experts" and OneDayOneJob.com's “Best People to Follow on Twitter.” In addition, Miriam is one of the 10 people included on CNN/CareerBuilder’s list of “top 10 job tweeters you should be following.”
Miriam also co-leads (with Jacqui Barrett-Poindexter) the Career Collective, a group of media savvy career advisors who blog and share advice on Twitter and she keeps her finger on the pulse of social media issues as co-editor of Dan Schawbel’s Personal Branding Magazine.
Miriam is also an expert contributor to TAP, the Twitter Advice Project from Careerealism, with over 20,000 followers, and a speaker on social media topics at national conferences, most recently the Career Management Alliance 2010 conference.
Return to Job-Hunt Home.