As we’ve all said countless times in our lives, “it’s all in how you look at it.” If you see Twitter users as a bunch of self-absorbed people with too much time on their hands Tweeting about what they ate for breakfast, then that’s what you’ll see when you go to Twitter. Not necessarily true…
5 Worst Reasons to Use Twitter for Job Search:
1. Because your job search coach or career counselor told you that you should do it.
2. Because you read somewhere that you should do it.
3. Because “everyone else” is doing it.
4. Because your spouse/significant other/teenager/tweener/neighbor set it up for you.
5. Because you don’t have anything better to do.
Much MUCH better reasons to use Twitter for your job search exist! Below are the first 5 I could think of. Many more exist – feel free to add them in the comments. (more…)