In the list below, click on the job title to see the current high-priority job postings in North Carolina for the healthcare, medical, and pharmaceutical fields plus “assistant” jobs – 126 different job titles in all.
How to use this page:
- Scroll down the list of categories, OR click on one of these links – Medical and Healthcare Jobs, Pharmaceutical Jobs, and Sales Jobs, plus Assistants Jobs.
- Within each category, you will find several job titles. Click on the job title that interests you.
- Check out the job postings that interest you.
- Narrow the search to jobs in your target towns by adding the city name in front of the state name in the “Where” field, like “Raleigh, North Carolina” for jobs in Raleigh.
Fastest Growing Healthcare, Medical, Pharmaceutical, and Sales Jobs in North Carolina
Like the whole USA, the most rapidly expanding fields in North Carolina are Medicine and Healthcare. As usual, the fastest growing job (based on percent of increase in jobs) is Biomedical Engineer, which while growing most rapidly on a percentage basis (80% increase in jobs through 2018), is predicted to have fewer than 800 jobs open state-wide. Consequently, very few Biomedical Engineer jobs are posted. In sheer numbers of increased jobs, the field of Home Health Aide is predicted to grow by over 32,000 jobs in North Carolina, although very few of those jobs are posted either, perhaps because people normally apply in person to the employer.
The next fastest growing job is that of Registered Nurse (an increase of 22,000 RN jobs in North Carolina, alone) followed by Medical Assistants and Pharmacy Technicians, which are each projected to add more than 3,500 jobs in North Carolina by 2018.
In addition, jobs in North Carolina for Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists are expected to grow rapidly. Medical Secretaries and Physical Therapists are also expected to grow in numbers at a pretty rapid rate. Except for Biomedical Engineers, which has so few jobs posted, find links to jobs for all of these fast-growing positions below. Just click on the link for the job title to find current high-priority job openings in North Carolina
Best Paying Healthcare, Medical, Pharmaceutical, and Sales Jobs in North Carolina
As usual, the top of the U.S. Department of Labor’s chart of best paying jobs for North Carolina is dominated by the Healthcare and Medical fields, and doctors are at the top: Anesthesiologists (# 1 on the list for every state so far), Dentists (# 3), Obstetricians (# 4), Orthodontists (# 7), and Surgeons (# 9) are off the top of the chart with annual salaries above $187,200/year. Below them are Pediatricians (# 12 at $164,600/yr), Optometrists ($123,700/yr), Pharmacists ($118,400/yr), and Psychologists ($89,900/yr) . Job postings for all these jobs are listed below.
Job Postings for 62 Healthcare and Medical Jobs in North Carolina:
- Anesthesiologist Jobs
- Assistant Director of Nursing Jobs
- Athletic Trainer Jobs
- Case Manager Jobs
- Cardiovascular/Vascular Technician/Technologist Jobs
- Clinical Assistant Jobs
- Clinical Nurse Jobs
- Clinical Research Associate Jobs
- Clinical Research Coordinator Jobs
- Dental Assistant Jobs
- Dental Hygienist Jobs
- Dentist Jobs
- Dermatologist Jobs
- Director of Nursing Jobs
- Emergency Room Nurse Jobs
- EMT/Paramedic Jobs
- Home Health Aide Jobs
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurse Jobs
- Internist Jobs
- Massage Therapist Jobs
- Medical Assistant Jobs
- Medical Receptionist Jobs
- Medical Records Jobs
- Medical Registrar Jobs
- Medical Technician Jobs
- Medical Technologist Jobs
- Nurse Jobs
- Nurse Assistant/CNA Jobs
- Nurse LPN Jobs
- Nurse LVN Jobs
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs
- Nurse RN Jobs
- Nurse Technician Jobs
- Nutritionist Jobs
- Occupational Therapist Jobs
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Jobs
- Oncologist Jobs
- Operating Room Nurse Jobs
- Optometrist Jobs
- Patient Care Technician Jobs
- Pediatrician Jobs
- Pharmacist Jobs
- Pharmacy Technician Jobs
- Pharmacy Manager Jobs
- Phlebotomist Jobs
- Physical Therapist Jobs
- Physical Therapist Assistant Jobs
- Physician Assistant Jobs
- Primary Care Physician Jobs
- Psychiatrist Jobs
- Psychologist jobs
- Radiation Therapist Jobs
- Research Scientist Jobs
- Respiratory Therapist Jobs
- Social Worker Jobs
- Surgeon Jobs
- Surgical Technician Jobs
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Ultrasound Technician Jobs
- Unit Clerk Jobs
- Unit Secretary
- Veterinary Technician
Job Postings for 8 Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Jobs in North Carolina:
- Analytical Chemist Jobs
- Director of Pharmacy Jobs
- Lab Assistant Jobs
- Lab Technician Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Jobs
- Pharmacist Jobs
- Pharmacy Manager Jobs
- Pharmacy Technician Jobs
Job Postings for 32 Sales Jobs in North Carolina:
- Account Executive Jobs
- Account Manager Jobs
- Account Representative Jobs
- Business Development Jobs
- Business Development Manager Jobs
- Business Development Specialist Jobs
- Director of Business Development Jobs
- Director of Sales Jobs
- District Sales Manager Jobs
- Inside Sales Representative Jobs
- Key Account Manager Jobs
- Merchandiser Jobs
- National Account Manager Jobs
- National Sales Manager Jobs
- Outside Sales Representative Jobs
- Retail Merchandiser Jobs
- Route Sales Representative Jobs
- Sales Assistant Jobs
- Sales Consultant Jobs
- Sales Coordinator Jobs
- Sales Engineer Jobs
- Sales Executive Jobs
- Sales Manager Jobs
- Sales Representative Jobs
- Sales Specialist Jobs
- Senior Account Executive Jobs
- Senior Account Manager Jobs
- Senior Business Development Jobs
- Senior Sales Manager Jobs
- Telemarketer Jobs
- Territory Sales Manager Jobs
- Trader Jobs
Job Postings for 24 Assistant Jobs in North Carolina:
- Accounting Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Assistant Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Assistant Store Manager
- Clinical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Human Resources Assistant
- Lab Assistant
- Legal Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Nurse Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Physician Assistant
- Receptionist Administrative Assistant
- Sales Assistant
- Staff Assistant
- Underwriting Assistant Jobs
More North Carolina Jobs:
- 15 North Carolina employers with 14,136 jobs open
- North Carolina accounting, finance, banking, insurance, and law jobs - 77 different job titles.
- North Carolina healthcare and medical, pharmaceutical, and sales jobs plus “assistant” jobs - 126 different job titles
- North Carolina engineering, construction, logistics, and manufacturing jobs - 121 different job titles
- North Carolina business services jobs – administration, HR, customer services, IT, marketing, PR, and advertising - 119 different job titles.
More Employers and Careers in North Carolina:
Most Popular Careers in North Carolina provides a breakdown by city of which careers are most numerous in a given city in North Carolina.
Check out Job-Hunt’s Directory of the Largest Employers in North Carolina which includes over 200 North Carolina employers, from hospitals and medical centers to colleges and universities, banks, insurance companies, and many other North Carolina employers.
Job-Hunt’s Directory Fortune 500 Companies by State has a page of the Fortune 500 companies headquartered in North Carolina, with links to jobs and, if available, also to internships.
- California - the top 10 employers had nearly 25,000 jobs open during the week of July 30, 2012.
- Florida - the top 15 employers had close to 21,000 jobs open during the week of August 27, 2012.
- Illinois - 15 top employers had over 14,000 jobs open during the week of September 9, 2012.
- Massachusetts - the top 15 employers had over 12,000 jobs open during the week of September 24, 2012.
- New York - the top 15 employers had nearly 16,000 jobs open during the week of August 13, 2012.
- North Carolina – the top 15 employers had over 14,000 jobs open during the week of September 17, 2012.
- Ohio - the top 15 employers had nearly 16,000 jobs open during the week of October 1, 2012.
- Pennsylvania - the top 20 employers had nearly 15,500 jobs open during the week of August 20, 2012.
- Texas - the top 10 employers had nearly 20,000 jobs open during the week of August 6, 2012.
- Virginia - the top 15 employers had over 11,000 jobs open during the week of September 4, 201