In the list below, click on the job title to see the current high-priority job postings in New York for the healthcare, medical, and pharmaceutical fields plus “assistant” jobs – 124 different job titles in all.
How to use this page:
- Scroll down the list of categories, OR click on one of these links – Medical and Healthcare Jobs, Pharmaceutical Jobs, and Sales Jobs, plus Assistants Jobs.
- Within each category, you will find several job titles. Click on the job title that interests you.
- Check out the job postings that interest you.
- Narrow the search to jobs in your target towns by adding the city name in front of the state name in the “Where” field, like “Buffalo, New York” for jobs in Buffalo.
Fastest Growing Medical, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, and Sales Jobs in New York
The fields on this page dominate the U.S. Department of Labor’s fastest growing jobs in New York state list, not surprisingly. Those fast growing jobs include, in descending order of growth rate: Personal Care Aides, Physical Therapist Aides, Pharmacy Technicians, Veterinarians, Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapist Assistants, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Social Workers, Occupational Therapy Assistants, and Cardiovascular Technologists. Lots of opportunities here!
Best Paying Medical, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, and Sales Jobs in New York
Healthcare and Medicine also dominate the U.S. Department of Labor’s best paying jobs in New York list, and, not surprisingly, physicians top Healthcare and Medicine. At the very top, Anesthesiologists, Obstetricians, Orthodontists, and Surgeons are off the top of the chart (which stops at $187,200+ a year). Next are Pediatricians ($163,200/year), Psychiatrists ($161,500/year), Internists ($146,700/year), and Dentists ($137,00/year). The highest paying non-medical job on this page is the Sales Manager at $157,500/year. Orthodontist jobs are rather rare, so are not included here.
The lists below include Anesthesiologist, Surgeon, Pediatrician, Psychiatrist, Dentist, and Sales Manager job openings. (See Most Popular Careers by city in New York, including average salary, for more information.)
Job Postings for 62 Healthcare and Medical Jobs in New York:
- Anesthesiologist Jobs
- Assistant Director of Nursing Jobs
- Athletic Trainer Jobs
- Case Manager Jobs
- Cardiovascular/Vascular Technician/Technologist Jobs
- Clinical Assistant Jobs
- Clinical Nurse Jobs
- Clinical Research Associate Jobs
- Clinical Research Coordinator Jobs
- Dental Assistant Jobs
- Dental Hygienist Jobs
- Dentist Jobs
- Dermatologist Jobs
- Director of Nursing Jobs
- Emergency Room Nurse Jobs
- EMT/Paramedic Jobs
- Home Health Aide Jobs
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurse Jobs
- Internist Jobs
- Massage Therapist Jobs
- Medical Assistant Jobs
- Medical Receptionist Jobs
- Medical Records Jobs
- Medical Registrar Jobs
- Medical Technician Jobs
- Medical Technologist Jobs
- Nurse Jobs
- Nurse Assistant/CNA Jobs
- Nurse LPN Jobs
- Nurse LVN Jobs
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs
- Nurse RN Jobs
- Nurse Technician Jobs
- Nutritionist Jobs
- Occupational Therapist Jobs
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Jobs
- Oncologist Jobs
- Operating Room Nurse Jobs
- Optometrist Jobs
- Patient Care Technician Jobs
- Pediatrician Jobs
- Pharmacist Jobs
- Pharmacy Technician Jobs
- Pharmacy Manager Jobs
- Phlebotomist Jobs
- Physical Therapist Jobs
- Physical Therapist Assistant Jobs
- Physician Assistant Jobs
- Primary Care Physician Jobs
- Psychiatrist Jobs
- Radiation Therapist Jobs
- Research Scientist Jobs
- Respiratory Therapist Jobs
- Social Worker Jobs
- Surgeon Jobs
- Surgical Technician Jobs
- Travel Nurse Jobs
- Ultrasound Technician Jobs
- Unit Clerk Jobs
- Unit Secretary
- Veterinary Technician
Job Postings for 8 Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Jobs in New York:
- Analytical Chemist Jobs
- Director of Pharmacy Jobs
- Lab Assistant Jobs
- Lab Technician Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Jobs
- Pharmacist Jobs
- Pharmacy Manager Jobs
- Pharmacy Technician Jobs
Job Postings for 32 Sales Jobs in New York:
- Account Executive Jobs
- Account Manager Jobs
- Account Representative Jobs
- Business Development Jobs
- Business Development Manager Jobs
- Business Development Specialist Jobs
- Director of Business Development Jobs
- Director of Sales Jobs
- District Sales Manager Jobs
- Inside Sales Representative Jobs
- Key Account Manager Jobs
- Merchandiser Jobs
- National Account Manager Jobs
- National Sales Manager Jobs
- Outside Sales Representative Jobs
- Retail Merchandiser Jobs
- Route Sales Representative Jobs
- Sales Assistant Jobs
- Sales Consultant Jobs
- Sales Coordinator Jobs
- Sales Engineer Jobs
- Sales Executive Jobs
- Sales Manager Jobs
- Sales Representative Jobs
- Sales Specialist Jobs
- Senior Account Executive Jobs
- Senior Account Manager Jobs
- Senior Business Development Jobs
- Senior Sales Manager Jobs
- Telemarketer Jobs
- Territory Sales Manager Jobs
- Trader Jobs
Job Postings for 22 Assistant Jobs in New York:
- Administrative Assistant
- Assistant Property Manager
- Assistant Store Manager
- Clinical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Escrow Assistant
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Human Resources Assistant
- Lab Assistant
- Legal Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Nurse Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Physician Assistant
- Receptionist Administrative Assistant
- Sales Assistant
- Staff Assistant
- Underwriting Assistant Jobs
More New York Jobs
- 15 New York employers with nearly 16,000 jobs open
- New York accounting, finance, banking, insurance, and law jobs - 75 different job titles
- New York engineering, construction, logistics, and manufacturing jobs - 117 different job titles
- New York business services jobs (administration, HR, IT, and PR/marketing) – 114 different jobs
More Employers and Careers in New York:
Most Popular Careers in New York gives you a breakdown by city of which careers are most numerous in a given New York city.
Check out Job-Hunt’s Directory of New York Employers which includes over 200 New York employers, from hospitals and medical centers to colleges and universities, banks, insurance companies, and many other New York employers.
Job-Hunt’s Directory Fortune 500 Companies by State has a page of the Fortune 500 companies headquartered in New York, with links to jobs and, if available, also to internships.
- California - the top 10 employers had nearly 25,000 jobs open during the week of July 30, 2012.
- Florida - the top 15 employers had close to 21,000 jobs open during the week of August 27, 2012.
- Illinois - 15 top employers had over 14,000 jobs open during the week of September 9, 2012.
- Massachusetts - the top 15 employers had over 12,000 jobs open during the week of September 24, 2012.
- New York - the top 15 employers had nearly 16,000 jobs open during the week of August 13, 2012.
- North Carolina – the top 15 employers had over 14,000 jobs open during the week of September 17, 2012.
- Ohio - the top 15 employers had nearly 16,000 jobs open during the week of October 1, 2012.
- Pennsylvania - the top 20 employers had nearly 15,500 jobs open during the week of August 20, 2012.
- Texas - the top 10 employers had nearly 20,000 jobs open during the week of August 6, 2012.
- Virginia - the top 15 employers had over 11,000 jobs open during the week of September 4, 201