We reserve the right to refuse to link to any site (employer or other).
Bottom Line: If your site
being listed on Job-Hunt.
JOB BOARD INCLUSION REQUIREMENTS:
Before Job-Hunt links to any job board or other non-employer website, it must meet the following criteria -
- Site purpose is specifically in support of job hunters or
recruiters, with content related to finding jobs and/or developing
- ORIGINAL CONTENT of value to job seekers or recruiters is
- Site is well-organized, well-designed, functional (search works
as described, nothing is "under construction," etc.),
and easy for visitors to use.
- If the site has job listings, it should have a large number
of them, preferably from a variety of employers, and the jobs should be appropriate for the site (e.g. programmer jobs in an IT job board).
- If the site has a specialty (like IT/IS jobs or opportunities
in a specific location like Los Angeles), the specialty should be obvious to visitors.
It should also be accurate.
- Sites with no real, verifiable contact information readily available for visitors.
Note: a contact-us form or an email link do not qualify as contact information.
- Sites which have private domain registrations, blocking access to who or what owns the site.
- Sites which charge job seekers for access to job postings.
- Lists of links (particularly,
lists of affiliate and/ or advertiser links).
- "Borrowed" content (articles which were originally published elsewhere and are being used without permission of the author).
- Sites/blogs containing a few articles serving as search engine "bait" for the ads which usually dominate the top and sides of the pages.
- Sites which are just windows into larger, well-known job posting sources like SimplyHired or Indeed, with no added value for the job seeker.
- Sites which block a visitor's ability to easily click "Back" to
- Sites which requir visitors to download a non-standard browser plugin.
- Sites which contain pornography or are otherwise illegal.
Site ownership must be clear and obvious.
Anonymous sites are not accepted. Concrete, verifiable contact information must be available for job seekers to reach someone if they need to.
In addition, protecting job seeker privacy is required:
We have long felt that privacy protection is a critical issue for job seekers!
- If job-seeker resumes or profiles are collected by the site, there should be at least one stated, functional, obvious, effective, and easy method for the job seeker to protect his or her contact information from being viewed by potential employers and others.
- Job seekers should not be required to register or complete a profile before they receive access to the job opportunities.
- Job site anonymity is NOT acceptable.
An accurate representation of the ownership and management of the job site must be available to job seekers and employers on an About Us or Contact Us page of the Website. The domain name must not be "private" - full and accurate contact information must be available via a standard Whois lookup, and should be available to casual site visitors. We reserve the right to check and to attempt contact. If "no one is home," the site will not be listed.
add-a-link form has been removed because it has been abused so much
by sites which clearly have none of the qualifications for being
included (jewelry store sites, gambling sites, mortgate loan sites, etc.).
If your site meets the criteria listed above, send a description and URL to submissions [at] job-hunt.org.
Last update: 30 June 2012
Back to Job-Hunt