General Job Listing Sites
This section contains
job resources with a wide variety of job listings that don't fit into
any other categories. Check the list of other categories in the left
column of this page, including your state or country's listing (by location),
for many more resources.
- AGCareers - interested in working in agriculture? This is the site for you, both desk jobs and outdoor jobs all over the world, from the Farms.com people.
- BackdoorJobs - subtitled "short-term job adventures" - these are for you if you don't want to be tied to a desk in an office or behind the counter in a store? These are NOT your typical job postings - from tracking wild lions in South Africa to coaching teenagers in rope climbing, this site has unusual jobs, mostly outdoors.
- BubbaJunk - jobs for truckers, including owner-operators.
- Care.com - caregivers (job seekers) register for their location and the kind of care they provide (home, children, seniors, or pets) and are then matched when someone needs that caregiving service in that location.
- CruiseShipJobs - a way to see the world (maybe - if you have the time), or at least to get away from home, working as a crewmember on a cruise ship. Lots of information available about the jobs here, so, if you have never worked on a cruise ship, check out the "Job Diaries" and other information like "Significance of Epaulettes" throroughly before you apply.
- FEE-based. A nationwide networking organization for senior level
execs and professionals, listing unadvertised openings at $100,000
- FuneralNet - classified job postings for postions with funeral homes and other employers in funeral-related businesses.
- idealist.org - jobs, volunteer opportunities, and internships in the non-profit sector across the world, plus events, news, and additional resources and information.
- JournalismJobs - news and jobs in many facets
of the journalism industry, from newspapers and magazines through
radio and tv, and online journalism. Job seekers
can choose to protect their contact information and have their resumes
visible only to companies to which they want to apply.
- Kelly Services - from
the temporary employment services company, offers both temporary and
permanent positions all over the U.S. in several specialities, including
accounting, call center/telemarketing, engineering, graphics design,
marketing, and many others in addition to their better known office/administrative
- Rileyguide.com - The original, and still the best, guide to
on-line job hunting, particularly if you are new to this world.
- MediaBistro - job listings plus a wonderful source of news and information for freelance writers on the various writers' markets, live as well as online courses in a variety of subjects (for a fee) with even more information for subscribers. The free stuff is great, the subscriber stuff is amazing!
- Ministry Jobs
- simple site listing job openings for ministers, in order by city
- Opportunity NOCs - A weekly
classified listing of paid positions in Northern California nonprofit
agencies, ranging from entry level to Executive Director. Jobs are
primarily located in the SF Bay Area and Sacramento.
- ProBlogger Jobs - get paid for writing blog posts via the ProBlogger.net website, the site about blogging by blogging entrepreneur Darren Rowse
- SaludosWeb - Hispanic employment
service offering free resume posting to qualified individuals and
a searchable database of job opportunities.
- sittercity - jobs for babysitters, nannies, pet care, senior care, housekeepers, and tutors, not full-time jobs (usually).
- Summer Jobs Web - an international
listing of seasonal and summer employment opportunities. Employers
may post jobs to the database for free.
- JobZone - InternetTelephony is the online home of Telephony
magazine, the weekly trade journal for the public network marketplace.
- TreeHugger Jobs - job postings from the TreeHugger.com, a news and information site which contains an enormous amount of information about the relatively new concept of sustainability in its many aspects.
[Last updated 1 January 2013]