Directory of Professional and Industry Associations and Societies
Seven out of 10 people in the U.S.A. belong to at least 1 organization, and 25% are members of 4 or more. So, local and national organizations, associations, and societies are great places to make connections to your next job - even your child's school parent-teacher organizations.
Check the appropriate Specialized Job Site category for more career and employment links relevant to a particular industry, profession, or group:
Directory of Professional & Industry Associations:
- Computers & Technology
- Consultants & Consulting
- Education & Teaching
- Finance, Accounting, & Banking plus -
- Government (Federal, State, and Local)
- Green Industry
- Human Resources
- Journalism & Freelance Writing
- Law & Law Enforcement
- Marketing and Sales
- Medicine and
- Retail Associations
- Social Work Associations
- Women's Associations plus -
See Job-Hunt's Networking and Job Search Support section for links to local associations by state.
Need to find more national and international associations, societies, and other collections of people? Try these Web sites:
- American Society of Association Executives - searchable directory of member associations for those in your area of interest and location.
- Canadian Society of Association Executives
- Idealist.org - a searchable directory of non-profit organizations in over 100 countries (includes jobs, internships, and opportunities to volunteer, too).
For More Information:
- Where to Find Jobs: Assocation Web Sites
- Job Search Networking
- Social Media and Job Search
- Corporate, Government, and Military Alumni Group Directory
- Tapping the Hidden Job Market
© Copyright, 1998 - 2013, Susan P. Joyce. All rights reserved.
About the author...
Online job search expert Susan P. Joyce has been observing the online job search world and teaching online job search skills since 1995. A veteran of the United States Marine Corps, Susan is a two-time layoff “graduate” who has worked in human resources at Harvard University and in a compensation consulting firm. Since 1998, Susan has been editor and publisher of Job-Hunt.org. Follow Susan on Twitter at @jobhuntorg and on Google+.