Jobs in Academia and Education
By Susan P. Joyce
For more employer listings in the United States, visit your state's page in Job-Hunt's list of job search resources by state. You'll find links in your state for both K-12 and local colleges and universities.
If you are looking for a summer job, check out Entry Level, Internship, and Seasonal Jobs or Freelancing, Consulting, Contracting, and Temping for additional options.
The Top Sites:
Academic360.com - extensive, comprehensive, and well-organized links to academic and education
job sites! Connects you directly with the employer via the Careers or HR (etc.) section of the employers' Websites. Find a position in academia by searching through listings of educational institutions (listed by geography or alphabetically by name), faculty positions by discipline, and/or administrative positions by function. Replaces and improves on an old friend "Job Listings in Academia."
of Higher Education - from the people who do the print publication, an online community for college and university educators, including e-mailed newsletters, online forums, and many job announcements, news and information about the academic community, and excellent articles about job search.
Other Good Job Sites:
- Computing Research Association - links to listings for academic Computer Science jobs in the United States.
- EDUCAUSE - positions related to technology-based information resources with a focus on higher education.
- Education Canada - a Web site focused on jobs in the field of education in Canada. Fee for non-Canadian job seekers!
Education Locator - from the U.S. Department of Education, a searchable directory of public school districts, private schools, colleges, and public libraries to help you identify potential target employers.
- HigherEdJobs - search for a faculty or staff position by category (e.g. administrative,
- NationJob - many job listings in education, from kindergarten through college
- PsycCareers - from the American Psychological Association, a collection of job opportunities related to psychology and/or counselling, including teaching, academic, and non-academic jobs. Privacy statement is posted.
- Troops-to-Teachers - from the U.S. Dept of Defense, the TTT Website provides referral
About the author...
Online job search expert Susan P. Joyce has been observing the online job search world and teaching online job search skills since 1995. A veteran of the United States Marine Corps and a recent Visiting Scholar at the MIT Sloan School of Management, Susan is a two-time layoff “graduate” who has worked in human resources at Harvard University and in a compensation consulting firm. Since 1998, Susan has been editor and publisher of Job-Hunt.org. Follow Susan on Twitter at @jobhuntorg and on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.