|Starting Your Online Job Search
|Job Search & Career Resources:
| Back to
« Home «
in Academia and Education
For more employer
listings in the United States, visit your state's page in Job-Hunt's
list of job search resources by state.
You'll find links in your state for both K-12 and local colleges and
If you are looking
for a summer job, check out Entry Level, Internship,
and Seasonal Jobs or Freelancing, Consulting,
Contracting, and Temping for additional options.
Academic360.com - extensive,
comprehensive, and well-organized links to academic and education
job sites! Connects you directly with the employer via the Careers
or HR (etc.) section of the employers' Websites. Find a position in
academia by searching through listings of educational institutions
(listed by geography or alphabetically by name), faculty positions
by discipline, and/or administrative positions by function. Replaces
and improves on an old friend "Job Listings in Academia."
of Higher Education - from the people who do the print publication,
an online community for college and university educators, including
e-mailed newsletters, online forums, and many job announcements, news
and information about the academic community, and excellent articles
Good Job Sites:
- American Association
of Community Colleges Career Center - positions for 2-year community
colleges are listed here, from president and dean through faculty
- Computing Research Association
- links to listings for academic Computer Science jobs in the United
- EDUCAUSE - positions
related to technology-based information resources with a focus on
- Education Canada - a Web
site focused on jobs in the field of education in Canada. "Search
All Jobs" across all locations by specialty (e.g. Aboriginal
Education, Accounting, etc.) or search by Province.
Locator - from the U.S. Department of Education, a searchable
directory of school districts.
- EduServe Vacancies - academic vacancies - faculty, services and support, and research positions - in the U.K. by posting date and specialty
- European Grant - Grants
available in Europe
- HigherEdJobs - search
for a faculty or staff position by category (e.g. administrative,
executive, faculty, etc.), location (state or institution), and/or
keyword. If you want to receive e-mailed job notifications, you must
register. They do offer resume posting capability with options for
supressing contact information on a searchable resume or restricting
access to your resume by keeping it out of the searchable resume database.
Job Guide for the History, Humanities and Social Sciences
- search for academic opportunities by field (History and the Humanities,
Social Sciences, or Rhetoric and Communications). Also join the "discussion
network" (via e-mail), become an Editor, start a Network, read book
section is provided on the About Job Guide page and a $75 payment
"is expected" from employers who post jobs.
- JobExchange -
from the Special Education Exchange ("SpEdEx"), simple listings
of teaching and other teaching-related opportunities in the special
education fields. No resumes are collected, and there is no privacy
- National Adjunct Faculty Guild
- search for an adjunct, part-time, visiting, or full-time faculty
posiiton by discipline.
- NationJob - many
job listings in education, from kindergarten through college
- PhD's.org - employment opportunities
for job seekers with PhD's in science, math, or engineering, including
faculty and research positions and grad school rankings. No resumes
- PsycCareers - from the American Psychological Association, a collection of job opportunities related to psychology
and/or counselling, organized by category (Clinical child psychology, clinical psychology, cognitive psychology, etc.) job level (internship, post-doc, etc.), setting (academic, practice, etc) and or location. Privacy
policy is posted.
- employment section of the American Psychological Society Web site,
searchable or browseable, opportunities in college and university
psych departments. No resumes are collected, and there is no privacy
- SpecialEdCareers - the National Clearinghouse for Professions in Special Education offers information on special education careers, getting financial aid, teaching and recruiting special education educators. No jobs posted, but a great information resource and links to employment sources.
- from the U.S. Dept of Defense, the TTT Website provides referral
and placement services to military personnel interested in transitioning
into teaching in the public schools. You must meet the eligibility