Resources for Human Resources Departments and Professionals
Links to HR resources, jobs in HR, and HR professional associations and societies to help you with your job and with your networking. See Job-Hunt's Recruiting on the Internet section for recruiting and employment resources. If you want visibility for your open positions on Job-Hunt, post them here and they may be viewed by millions of job seekers through the vast Indeed.com network.
- BenefitsLink Web site focused on information about employee benefits, including:
- BenefitsLink By Topic, a spectrum of information about benefits from 401K through DOL Rulings and Executive Comp to Retirement Plan Design and Surveys, nicely cross-referenced.
- Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies - from Cornell University, events, working groups, research, education (of course), and news
- Economic Research Institute (ERI) - compensation surveys, cost of living data, employment law resources, certifications, courses, and continuing education
- Employee Benefit Research Institute - research, news, surveys, and other resources related to providing employee benefits
- Federal Government Resources (USA):
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Home Page - from the U.S. Department of Justice - provides resources and assistance with compliance, new and proposed regulations, and ADA enforcement information.
- Census Bureau - news, latest economic trends and indicators, data and data tools, American FactFinder, publications, regional offices, and much more
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - regulations, research, education, guidance, and much more (from HHS)
- Department of Labor - the Federal Government "mother ship" for compliance information, rules, and regulations (e.g. overtime rules) with links to the DoL agencies
- Employer Support for the Guard and Reserves - support, information, and recognition for employers from the U.S. Department of Defense
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - news, laws, regulations, guidance, forms, filing process, statistics, and much more
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service - resources and information to improve labor-management relations
- HIPPA - the rules about the privacy of medical information plus educational materials and other resources
- Internal Revenue Service - information for employers, including - of course - the tax codes, regulations, and official guidance
- Occupational Health & Safety Administration - rules, information about the rules, resources, news, even OSHA job openings
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) - rules and resources for compliance wih federal contractor document retention requirements
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) Advisor - information about compliance with these rules and regulations
- HR Associations - Job-Hunt's collection of links to HR professional and industry associations and societies.
- HRExaminer - John Sumser's site for news, top 25 lists, and other information for HR staffs
- HRExecutiveOnline - news, strategies, and information for executives - the online presence for HR Executive magazine.
- HRWorld - lots of information for HR professionals
- Job Accommodation Network - "a free consulting service that provides information about job accommodations and the employability of people with disabilities," funded by the U.S. Dept. of Labor
- MediationWorks - resources for managing workplace conflict, including training, conferences, and other supporting information and resources.
- National Arbitration Forum - useful information on employment arbitration (among other topics), court decisions, and arbitration services available from "retired judges, attorneys, and law professors"
- Workforce.com - from the Workforce Management magazine people, a site full of information and resources
About the author...
Online job search expert Susan P. Joyce has been observing the online job search world and teaching online job search skills since 1995. A veteran of the United States Marine Corps, Susan is a two-time layoff “graduate” who has worked in human resources at Harvard University and in a compensation consulting firm. Since 1998, Susan has been editor and publisher of Job-Hunt.org. Follow Susan on Twitter at @jobhuntorg and on Google+.